How can my child receive school dinners?
Please let your child’s teacher know if you would like your child to have a school dinner. School dinners are £2.30 a day and money should be sent into school on a Monday morning with details of which days you wish your child to receive a school dinner. Please make cheques payable to ‘St Francis School’. The children can choose either a red (meat) or a green (vegetarian) meal each day.
What if I am entitled to free school meals?
The forms can be obtained from the school office.
Free School Meals are available only to children whose parents / guardians are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that do not extend £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit.
Infant free school meals
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they are in:
- Reception class
- Year 1
- Year 2
What do I do if my child is too ill for school?
Telephone the school office (01329 845730) as early as possible in the school day. Someone will generally be able to answer the telephone from 7:30am onwards.
If your child travels to school on arranged transport you need to telephone the transport office (01962 845787) to cancel transport.
If your child has sickness / diarrhoea keep your child at home for at least 48 hours after the sickness / diarrhoea has stopped and when they are completely well. It is the best way to stop bugs spreading and keep other children and staff safe.
If your child is unwell and needs Calpol or Nurofen to get through the day then please consider keeping them at home. It is probably the best thing for your child and the best way to stop bugs spreading and keep other children and staff safe.
What do I need to pay for?
Any dinner money £2.15 a day
Class funds £7 every half term (for snack & cooking expenses)